Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring

As spring slowly works itself into our days (finally!), we're remembering the spring before we were married, how June could not arrive faster and then, suddenly, it did. Some of my best memories from that spring are the afternoons (like yesterday) when we couldn't not be outside, when you literally and figuratively get down to earth, when you catch up with yourself and your other half and soon-to-be spouse.

I got out my hard drive and found some pictures from a spring when we were dating and thought I'd share some. Nothin' fancy, but I really like 'em (and I'm sure the subject of them has something to do with it).

Our feet. Leandra and my first date was at this same park. We were walking some trails, and when we came to a big muddy patch, I hopped around it, but Leandra took her sandals off and walked through the mud. I thought that was pretty awesome. In case you couldn't tell, my feet are the large, flat ones.



... and then we got married. This is my absolute favorite picture from our wedding. Our good friend Darrel Yoder, did our photos, and we loved them. This one was about half-way through the reception, and the song was "To Make you Feel My Love" by Garth Brooks. I usually spend my days listening to Brit-rock and folk and Norah Jones, but sometimes, I gotta have some country. There's something spring-in-the-park-earthy to [good] country music that speaks in ways other music doesn't. I remember that at the moment this picture was taken, I was completely positive that there was no where else that I needed to be, my thoughts needed to be, my time needed to be, and no where else I wanted my lover to be than right where she was.

Oh, and the guy on the border? That's Cameron. You'll find his pictures a few posts down.
If you hate country music, Adele also sings an amazing version of To Make You Feel My Love. Highly recommended first dance/reception choice. You'll just have at least one teary photographer on your hands.

Hope everyone else is enjoying this spring weather!