Thursday, December 18, 2008

Abbey + TJ: Wedding

Abbey and TJ got married last month in a small church in Union, MI, and had their reception at the Sturges-Young Civic Center in Sturgis. I'll admit, Grant and I were a bit nervous because this was the first wedding we have shot without meeting the bride or groom before the wedding day. As usual, there was absolutely nothing to worry about--Abbey and TJ are two of the most easygoing, genuinely nice people you will ever meet. The day was truly about their love for one another, and they were naturally affectionate for us and our cameras.

The picture of the rings (and most of the detail shots at the church) always falls to Grant, since he takes them while I am with the bride in the dressing room. I love this one.




The veil.








Abbey, you looked gorgeous!


The lineup before walking out the door and down the aisle.






TJ was one of the most openly affectionate grooms we have ever had. The first kiss says it all!






Father-daughter dance.


TJ and his mom (really his whole family) were amazing dancers. Seriously, we had so much fun watching everyone at the reception. I believe the mother-son dance was a samba (someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I am no expert on dancing!).




Like I said, this reception was a dance party! Even the DJ, David Rice, joined in on a dance-off later. This is TJ and one of his sisters...




The Best Man watching the groom get down. I'm telling you, there was no escaping the music and dancing at this thing (great job, David!). I can't dance hip-hop to save my life, but going through these images again makes me want to try.




Last song of the night: "Lean On Me"


Abbey and TJ, thank you for letting us be a part of your wedding day. We hope the first month of married life has been wonderful, and we wish you many happy years to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, these are fabulous! Great work!

Since my summer and fall rush of weddings, I've played a creative ring-shot game with myself. Always finding a new and different place to put the rings....but I never thought of this one. I love your creativity!

Brandi said...

These are awesome. Love the ones with the dragged shutter, super cool.

DaeDaeRice said...

Great Photos...You two did a awesome job from what I seen so far please keep me in mind...David

Anonymous said...

Best man watching groom dancing... that shot is insane you guys! Holy crap!

Ryan Gibson Photography said...

Beautiful work! I love the one where they're touching foreheads!